How to select an ideal dress for a special occasion?


When selecting an ideal dress for yourself, there are many factors that need to be taken into a consideration. For instance, you need to consider the occasion you're getting dressed for. If it is a a formal or  a festive occasion, it will require a dress that is more formal and festive. There are events that require us to get dressed up. The advantage of such events is that they often give us an opportunity to feel like a princess. Who doesn't enjoy getting dressed up- at least once in a while? The only thing that sometimes presents a challenge is choosing the perfect dress.


To help yourself narrow down the choice of the perfect dress, you can think in practical terms. What colour suits you best? What colour is best for your skin type? What kind of cut is flattering on you? Answering these questions can help you narrow down your choice. Besides these practical questions, another important thing to consider is what you would actually like to wear. What kind of dress makes you feel great? 






Trends are fun to follow, but if some trend doesn't feel right, you should forget it and go for what you want. Sometimes a more classical dress and cut is what will make you happy.  We all have our personal style and aesthetics. Some people swear by the timeless elegance of black, while others prefer bright or pastel colours. Our mood is an important factor as well. 

In the end, when selecting a dress for any special occasion, you need to think what kind of dress will make you feel beautiful and comfortableHere I presented you with my selection from Homecoming 2017 dresses  . If you're looking for Cheap Homecoming dresses , feel free to check out  hellohomecoming.com site as they offer a wide selection of dresses.


What is an ideal dress for you? Do you have an all time classic- some cut or colour that you always prefer or do you pick a dress according to your mood? What does your choice of colour depend on? Do you have a colour you prefer? Do you consider trends when you're choosing a dress? What do you think is the most important thing for choosing an ideal dress for ourselves?

Comments

  1. Wow, all dresses are so pretty :)
    http://www.rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice dresses!
    xoxo
    https://www.donkeycool.es/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the useful tips, Ivana. Really interesting. I love your choice. Beautiful dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great practical advice! It doesn't matter how amazing a dress is if it doesn't make you feel beautiful and comfortable while wearing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Rowena, that was exactly what I meant to say...it is all about how it makes us feel.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful dresses selection Ivana!
    The red one is my fav! :)
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've shared some gorgeous embellished options here! I think when it comes to special occasions, choosing something that you feel both comfortable and special in is best - love how you've described it as 'feeling like a princess' :)

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. great picks babe <3

    XO, Jessi

    http://www.mywhitet.com/fashionable-poolside-essentials/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tips, Ivana! Trends are also fleeting but something classy can be worn for ages.

    ReplyDelete
  9. As usual great post! Thanks for sharing)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vestidos maravilhosos amei, obrigado pela visita , tenha uma semana abençoada.
    Blog: https://arrasandonobatomvermelho.blogspot.com.br/
    Canal:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmO8csZDARM

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful selection. All these dresses are very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ja uvek dajem prednost žutoj (kakvo iznenađenje) :) iako zapravo volim sve boje, kao i haljine generalno. Od ovih sa slika mi je možda najlepša teget iz dva dela. Baš je divan rad u pitanju, a sviđaju mi se i leđa, kao i ta boja koja se retko viđa na svečanijim haljinama...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing selection! I adore all of this dresses and would love to wear one of this.
    xxxxx Nadine

    http://nadinecd.blogspot.co.at

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everything's so colourful! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good day
    Read my testimony! Getting ex back after a breakup.
    My boyfriend of a 2year just broke up with me and am 28 weeks pregnant. I have cried myself to sleep most of the nights and don’t seem to concentrate during lectures sometimes I stay awake almost all night thinking about him and start to cry all over again. Because of this I end up not having energy for my next day’s classes, my attendance has dropped and am always in uni and on time. Generally he is a very nice guy, he ended it because he said we were arguing a lot and not getting along. He is right we’ve been arguing during the pregnancy a lot. After the break up I kept ringing him and telling him I will change. I am in love with this guy and he is the best guy I have ever been with. I’m still hurt and in disbelief when he said he didn’t have any romantic feelings towards me anymore that hurt me faster than a lethal syringe. He texts me once and then mainly to check up on how am doing with the pregnancy, he is supportive with it but it’s not fair on me, him texting me as I just want to grieve the pain and not have any stress due to the pregnancy. I was really upset and I needed help, so I searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that Dr Ahmed can help solve marital problems, restore broken relationships and so on. So I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and I did it then he did a spell for me. 28 hours later, my boyfriend came to me and apologized for the wrongs he did and promise never to do it again. Ever since then, everything has returned back to normal. I and my boyfriend are living together happily again.. All thanks to Dr Ahmed. as it is a place to resolve marriage/relationship issues, do you want to be sure if your spouse is being faithful to you or Do you want your Ex to come back to you Contact.: E-mail: Ahmedutimate@gmail.com call him/What’s-app: +2348160153829 save your crumbling home. I suggest you contact him. He will not disappoint you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great tips, Ivana. And I loved the ones you picked. Happy midweek, dear.
    xox
    Lenya
    new look: So, Let The Wind Blow

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bas su slatke haljinice, idealne za buduce maturantkinje!
    Lep pozdrav

    ReplyDelete
  18. beautiful dresses! Very nice finds and I should admit I like it even more because it's my style

    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog

    ReplyDelete
  19. Personal customization for you mother of the bride oakleigh martina liana wedding dresses if you want to know more Please visit our website http://www.minel.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. beautiful dresses!

    if you pick up dresses, glamchase gold satin taffeta mother of the bride suits with herdress reviews gives you amazing choices.

    http://www.glamchase.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  22. hello Ivana,

    thanks for your writings on my blog about you and your last months. i´m shocked about you and your healthy contitions. i hated to read that you were several weeks in a hospital. i´m hope now is allright and you are "top again"!

    nice to see that you blogging again - i´m glad for many post about you in many different fashion looks!

    merry x-mas my dear!!!

    Jennifer
    http://jennifer-femininundmodisch.blogspot.de/2017/12/preischeck-so-viel-kosten-meine-looks_20.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All your comments mean a lot to me, even the criticism. Naravno da mi puno znači što ste uzeli vrijeme da nešto napišete, pa makar to bila i kritika. Per me le vostre parole sono sempre preziose anche quando si tratta di critiche.

Popular posts from this blog

Jadrolinija ferry ride, travelling from Split to island Hvar (outfit post)

10 STYLE LESSONS LEARNED FROM MALENA/ MONICA BELLUCCI

THE LATHE OF HEAVEN BY URSULA K. LE GUIN (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION )

A COMMISSIONED PAINTING OF A CHAPEL IN MOSTAR: ACRYLICS ON CANVAS- TRAVEL WITH MY ART #36

EUGENE ONEGIN, A VERSE NOVEL BY A. PUSHKIN (BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION)

BOOK REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION: ROADSIDE PICNIC BY ARKADY AND BORIS STRUGATSKY

VISIT STJEPAN'S FORTRESS IN LJUBUŠKI (HERZEGOVINA) WITH ME!

THE WONDERFUL WIZARD OF OZ BY L.FRANK BAUM (BOOK REVIEW)

HAPPY INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY- 15 READING RECOMMENDATIONS!